The reason behind the killing of Malcolm Shabazz was that he was potentially dangerous for the US government.
American Muslim convert Marziyeh Hashemi made the remark in a ceremony held Tuesday night at the 21st International Holy Quran Exhibition to commemorate Malcolm Shabazz, who was killed by US intelligence services in Mexico last year.
She said the United States is a dangerous place for someone who is Shia and has revolutionary attitude, because such a person can be very influential.
She said Malcolm Shabazz was the grandson of Malcolm X, the Muslim American figure who was also assassinated.
Ms Hashemi noted that after Malcolm X embraced Islam, the US government and spying agencies put a lot of pressure on him, set his house on fire and ultimately assassinated him because he could relate to people and talk to them about racism in the US and the need for respecting human rights.
“The things he talked about were dangerous things for the US government and (that was why) they ultimately killed him.”
She stated that Malcolm Shabazz was under police surveillance right from the beginning. “He was jailed on baseless charges several times so as to thwart his potential for becoming a revolutionary like his grandfather.
“He embraced Shia Islam and went to Syria to study seminary sciences. Later, he returned to the US and started giving speeches in rallies and in Shia programs. He then decided to go to Qom to continue his seminary studies but security forces prevented him from doing so and ultimately killed him in Mexico.”
According to Ms Hashemi, the Western media refused to cover the news of his assassination at first and after Press TV covered the story.
“A few days before Malcolm’s death, I talked to him, who was a friend of my son’s, and he was very happy to be going to Iran,” she said, adding that Malcolm Shabazz was arrested after he wrote about his enthusiasm about going to Iran and was put under pressure until his death.
Ms Hashemi underlined that what mattered about Shabazz was his devotion to Shia Islam and the Ahl-ul-Bayt (AS). “Saudi Arabia and Qatar invited him to go to these countries in return for large amounts of cash but he refused to do so despite being poor.”
She further elaborated on the tragic situation of black Americans and said they are always facing discriminations in the country.
She stressed that the US officials are afraid of any links between revolutionary groups, especially Afro-Americans, and the revolutionary Iran and that was one of the reasons behind the assassination of Shabazz.
Ms Hashemi’s son Reza Hashemi, Eslam Jamal Golzari and Mohammad Hassan Ghadiri-Abyaneh also addressed the commemoration ceremony at the exhibition on Tuesday night.
- عصر احمدینژاد گذشته همانگونه که عصر خر سواری گذشته است ✅احمدینژاد گندم ری را دیگر نخواهد خورد ✅ احمدینژاد ۱۶ میلیارد به دانشگاه ایرانیان اهدا کرد در صورتیکه این دانشگاه اصلا تشکیل نشده بود
- قدیری ابیانه: زمان آغاز تحریم ایران علیه آمریکا فرا رسیده است.
- قدیری ابیانه: ضرورت ترویج ازدواج در سن بلوغ
- اختلاس و آب غیزانیه
- یادداشت قدیری ابیانه✍️فتح المبین فرامنطقهای ایران
- تماس تلفنی رئیس جمهور با سفیر سوئیس در تهران بجای مکالمه با رئیس کشور سوئیس!!!
- یادداشت قدیری ابیانه:✍️نقش قدرت بازدارندگی ایران
- یادداشت قدیری ابیانه در روزنامه حمایت: روزگار مقاومت /
- حضور نظامی و دیپلماتیک ایران در منطقه اجتنابناپذیر است
- پایان داعش به معنای پایان توطئههای اسرائیل نخواهد بود/ رژیم صهیونیستی زودتر از ۲۵ سال نابود میشود